Anonym Glécksspiller asbl
Within the last year, there has been some media attention to the suject of excessive use of digital media, especially by youth, due to the the recognition of gaming disorder as an official disease by the WHO. Yet, practical consequences for Luxemburg are missing. In countless pubs, machines offering gambling opportunites on a questionable legal basis are de facto accessible for youth. Dut to an easy access on the internet and the growing integration of gambling elements in computer games, the gambling risk for youth has gone up considerably.
Despite a substantial and increasing number of persons concerned, pathological gambling and gaming disorder (or internet-related disorders due to an excessive use in general, respectively) are still a neglected issue in Luxemburg, both in the youth / educational and age-indipendently in the health care system. This raises many questions:
How to build an (out-patient) care system for self- and therapeutic help?
When is in-patient treatment indicated and how does it look like? Are there different approaches for men and women?
And what about youth?
Which role do online offers on the gaming and gambling market play?
What are the legal conditions in Luxemburg?
To contribute to possible anwers, the invited experts shed a light on these questions from different perspectives (in alphabetic order):
- Prof. Dr. Dieter F. Braus (Directeur de la clinique psychiatrique et psychothérapeutique Helios à Wiesbaden)
- Hartmut Görgen (Sociologue, orateur du Fachverband Glücksspielsucht e.V.)
- Dr. Tobias Hayer (Institut pour la recherche en psychologie et cognition à l'université de Bremen)
- Peter Kagerer (Psychologue chez Respect.lu et ancien chargé de direction du service de conseil "Ausgespillt")
- Luc Reding (Conseiller de direction 1ère classe, Ministère de la Justice)
- Dr. Monika Vogelgesang (Médecin-chef de la clinique Median à Münchwies)
Details regarding titles and times of the individual presentations by the speakers will be announced here soon.
Vous pouvez téléchargez ici notre invitation.